Workers Compensation Claims
Nebraska Statue: 48-101. Personal injury; employer’s liability; compensation.
When personal injury is caused to an employee by accident or occupational disease, arising out of and in the course of his or her employment, such employee shall receive compensation therefor from his or her employer if the employee was not willfully negligent at the time of receiving such injury.
In order to properly file a workers compensation claim you must due the following to ensure the best results:
- Report the injury to a superior as soon as it happens – this way no subsequent claims may be denied.
- Seek medical treatment right away – if you think your injury might get better on its own and you wait to see a doctor, you’re actually hurting your rights to future claims. Workers’ compensation claims require documentation of your injury. The best proof of documentation is provided by a doctor’s report of treatment.
- Know which doctor to see – many workers’ compensation plans have rules dictating specific doctors you can see for work-related injuries. If you participate in a managed care plan, you may have to seek treatment from a doctor within that program. Changing physicians is difficult in the middle of a workers’ compensation claim, so make sure that the doctor you see is one you feel comfortable with for the remainder of your treatment.
The injury attorneys at Injury Lawyer Omaha have been successfully handling work accident claims for over 40 years. Our injury attorneys make these cases a top priority since time is of the essence. We ensure the best possible outcome for your workers compensation claim if you allow us to start on it as soon your are injured.
If you’ve been injured in a work accident, the personal injury attorneys at Injury Lawyer Omaha can help by discussing your case and informing you about all available legal options. Call Injury Lawyer Omaha toll free at (402) 513-9784 or contact us via email. We’re ready to help with a free initial consultation. We handle car, trucking and motorcycle
accident insurance claims anywhere in Nebraska, including Omaha, Lincoln, Bellevue,Fremont, Grand Island, Kearney, Norfolk, Hastings, North Platte, Columbus, and Scottsbluff.
What’s Covered Under Workplace Injury Law?
Workplace injury law claims cover almost all workplace injuries, including those sustained at a work-sponsored event or on a break. In most cases, claims arise over the following injuries or accidents:
- Physical injuries caused by small accidents or unsafe working conditions
- Repetitive stress injuries (carpal tunnel syndrome) resulting from job functions
- Preexisting injuries or health conditions worsened by the job
- Diseases contracted as a result of long-term or frequent exposure to toxic substances on the job
- Emotional or physical strain resulting from work-related anxiety or stress
While workplace injury laws vary depending on the state you live, most will not cover any injuries sustained while the employee is intoxicated, involved in criminal activity or misconduct.
Your Rights as an Injured Worker
Although individuals are protected under workplace injury laws, there are limitations to the amount of damages you can recover from your employer. Effective work injury litigation requires an understanding of the specialized workplace injury laws.
If you or a loved one has suffered a workplace injury or death, you are eligible to file a workplace injury claim and, depending on the circumstances surrounding the injury, seek more restitution for your losses. Please contact us today to consult with an experienced and proven workplace injury attorney who can fully explain your rights and limitations as well as explore other types of litigation relating to your injury.
FREE Initial Consultation!
This firm did a fantastic job handling my personal injury case. They kept me informed every step of the way with what was happening with my case and always answered any of my questions. I would highly recommend this firm. Great job
- Shateeka Spinks
I am really glad I worked with Abboud law firm. They were very helpful and accommodating. Everyone was very friendly and genuinely had my best interests at heart. I would recommend them to anyone.
- Ameneh Alhaidari
Abboud law firm took amazing care of me after my accident and was able to settle my claim wonderfully. They work very well with me and everyone involved. I would highly recommend using Abboud Law.
- Apolla Speck
Chris has been fantastic throughout this process after my accident and his staff has always been friendly and helpful. He managed to get me 3x what I expected. No complaints here. Definitely recommend.
- Jesse Charles
I had a very nice experience with Abboud!! They were very patient and understanding about my situation and kept me informed with what was going on with my settlement. Would serenity recommend
- Blake Lucey