Airbags are supposed to save lives. After the initial impact in an accident, airbags should deploy to help prevent second impact injuries to passengers. Defective airbag systems can result in no protection or, even worse, may contribute to the severity of second impact injuries.
If you or someone you love has been injured or killed as a result of a defective airbag system, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your damages including pain and suffering, medical costs, and more. Please contact us today to consult with an experienced and trusted product liability attorney at Injury Lawyer Omaha about your legal rights and options. We can evaluate your case at no cost to determine the best course of action.
Types of Defective Airbags
There are several different types of airbag defects that can cause serious injury or death to a vehicle passenger. Types of defects include, but are not limited to:
- Oversized airbags can strike a passenger upon inflation, causing head, brain and eye injuries.
- Untethered airbags don’t contain a strap to minimize movement.
- Airbag deployment failure: Typically, airbags are designed to deploy during impacts that occurred over 25 mph. Sometimes the airbag fails, resulting in serious injuries or even death.
- Unnecessary airbag deployment : Airbags that deploy in minor accidents such as running into a curb can result in passenger injury.
- Under-inflated airbag deployment occurs when the airbag fails to inflate to full size
- Front-mounted airbag deployment: During initial deployment, an airbag is a dangerous object traveling at over 200 mph. If the airbag is set to inflate directly at the passenger (rather than upward toward the windshield), serious injuries can occur.
Defective airbag systems could be a result of cheap materials (including sensors), the failure to incorporate new technology, poorly designed deployment devices and more. Automakers are responsible for ensuring their products, including airbags, are safe and effective and will be held liable for any injuries sustained as a consequence of a defective airbag system.
Defective Airbag Systems: Knowing Your Rights
If you or a loved one has been involved in an automobile accident and suffered harm as a result of a defective airbag system, we can help. The distinguished product liability attorneys at Injury Lawyer Omaha have the knowledge and skills necessary to thoroughly investigate your case and get you the compensation you deserve for your losses. Please contact us today for a FREE case consultation.
FREE Initial Consultation!
Free Initial Consultation!
This firm did a fantastic job handling my personal injury case. They kept me informed every step of the way with what was happening with my case and always answered any of my questions. I would highly recommend this firm. Great job
- Shateeka Spinks
I am really glad I worked with Abboud law firm. They were very helpful and accommodating. Everyone was very friendly and genuinely had my best interests at heart. I would recommend them to anyone.
- Ameneh Alhaidari
Abboud law firm took amazing care of me after my accident and was able to settle my claim wonderfully. They work very well with me and everyone involved. I would highly recommend using Abboud Law.
- Apolla Speck
Chris has been fantastic throughout this process after my accident and his staff has always been friendly and helpful. He managed to get me 3x what I expected. No complaints here. Definitely recommend.
- Jesse Charles
I had a very nice experience with Abboud!! They were very patient and understanding about my situation and kept me informed with what was going on with my settlement. Would serenity recommend
- Blake Lucey